Ferrari Teases Its Upcoming Game-Changing Supercar
March 9, 2023 marked a special day for Ferrari fanatics and enthusiasts as the iconic Italian brand took to Instagram to tease its upcoming vehicle. With the only hint being a glimpse of the vehicle’s steering wheel, Ferrari has managed to generate a lot of speculation and excitement over its new model, which is set to be revealed in March 2023. While details about the car are scarce, one thing is certain: it’s sure to be a game-changer for supercars.
Powered by the same 3.9-litre turbocharged V8 engine as the Roma coupe, the Roma Spider produces 612 horsepower and 591 pound-feet of torque, enabling it to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.3 seconds. With a lack of roof, the Spider is 84 kg heavier than the coupe, but this hasn’t affected its performance, as the Spider can still reach a top speed of 199 mph.
Ferrari has also incorporated a soft top roof mechanism into the car, allowing it to be deployed in just 13.5 seconds and done at speeds of up to 37mph. Despite the addition of an elaborate automatic multi-layer soft-top roof and speedster-style rear deck humps, the Spider’s trunk still offers a generous 255 liters of storage space. The interior of the Roma Spider also goes almost entirely unchanged save for slightly revised steering wheel touch controls and a now-illuminated start button.
The Roma Spider is expected to roll into dealerships before the end of the year and is set to replace the Portofino M as Ferrari’s entry-level droptop. Pricing has yet to be revealed, but we anticipate it to cost around $280,000.
Anticipation is high as Ferrari prepares to unveil its new model in March 2023. This car, be it an evolution of an existing Ferrari model or a completely new one, is sure to revolutionize the world of supercars.
0. “Ferrari previews a mysterious new model due out on March 16” Autoblog, 10 Mar. 2023, https://www.autoblog.com/2023/03/10/ferrari-teaser-new-model-march-16-reveal/
1. “The Ferrari Roma Spider is finally here with a retractable fabric soft top and 612 horsepower – Luxurylaunches” Luxurylaunches, 17 Mar. 2023, https://luxurylaunches.com/transport/2023-ferrari-roma-spider.php
2. “Ferrari Roma Spider Debuts As A Twin-Turbo V8 Soft Top” duPont REGISTRY News, 16 Mar. 2023, https://blog.dupontregistry.com/news/657669/ferrari-roma-spider-soft-top
3. “Ferrari Unveils a Spider Version Of Its 2024 Roma Supercar” HICONSUMPTION, 17 Mar. 2023, https://hiconsumption.com/2024-ferrari-roma-spider/
4. “The Ferrari Roma Spider Is Here and it Has a Soft Top” Road & Track, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a43340347/the-ferrari-roma-spider-is-here-and-it-has-a-soft-top/
5. “Ferrari Brings Back the Soft Top on the 2024 Roma Spider” Car and Driver, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43341483/2024-ferrari-roma-spider-revealed-details/