U.S. stocks began Thursday’s session slightly higher, buoyed by better-than-expected fourth-quarter GDP and first-time jobless claims. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the S&P 500 index jumped 1.1%, the Nasdaq Composite leapt 1.7%, and the small-cap Russell 2000 gained 0.6%.
On Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 104 points (0.31%) to 33,733, the S&P 500 decreased by 3 points (0.07%) to 4,016.95, and the Nasdaq Composite fell by 30 points (0.27%) to 11,334. The 10-year U.S. Treasury note’s yield saw an increase to 3.477% on Thursday, up from 3.461% the day The WSJ Dollar Index experienced a slight increase of less than 0.
On Thursday morning, the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield rose to 3.5%, aiming to recuperate after a two-day decrease. Bonds have advanced for four weeks in a row, which has caused the yield on the 10-year bond to drop to near its September midpoint. At 1:12 p.m. Eastern Time (6:12 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time), the Dow Jones Industrial Average had risen 46 points, or 0.1%, with the S&P 500 increasing by 0.4%, and the NASDAQ Composite rising
At 4:01 PM Eastern Time (9:01 PM Greenwich Mean Time), the Dow Jones Industrial Average had increased by 205 points or 0.6%, while the S&P 500 had grown by 1.1%, and the NASDAQ Composite had risen by 1.7 The yield on the 10-year Treasury increased by 3 basis points to 3.49%. Dow Futures -0.51%. Tesla (TSLA) will release its fourth-quarter results after the close of today’s trading session for stocks that are widely held. It is predicted by analysts that earnings will increase by 33% to $1.13 per share and revenue will grow by 39% to $24.67 billion.
Tesla (TSLA) is due to announce its quarterly results after the market closes. It is estimated that Elon Musk’s electric vehicle manufacturer will make $1.11 per share in profits, on revenue of $24.3 Investors will be monitoring delivery guidance and clues about a forthcoming CEO transition. The value of Tesla stock After markets closed on Wednesday, the electric-car manufacturer reported a record quarterly profit.
0. “Stocks Close Higher, With Earnings and Economic Data in Focus” The Wall Street Journal, 26 Jan. 2023, https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-stocks-markets-dow-update-01-26-2023-11674735172
1. “Dow Jones Reverses After Key Economic Data; Tesla Stock Surges On Earnings, Musk Comments” Investor’s Business Daily, 26 Jan. 2023, https://www.investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/dow-jones-futures-fall-ahead-of-key-economic-data-tesla-stock-surges-on-earnings-musk-comments
2. “US stock futures slide ahead of the open on corporate caution” ForexLive, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.forexlive.com/news/us-stock-futures-slide-ahead-of-the-open-on-corporate-caution-20230124/
3. “Nasdaq Slides 2% As Microsoft, Other Earnings Hurt Stock Market” Investor’s Business Daily, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/nasdaq-slides-2-as-microsoft-other-earnings-hurt-stock-market-tesla-ibm-set-to-report
4. “6 stocks to watch on Wednesday: Microsoft, AT&T, Capital One and more (NASDAQ:MSFT)” Seeking Alpha, 25 Jan. 2023, https://seekingalpha.com/news/3927733-6-stocks-to-watch-on-wednesday-microsoft-att-capital-one-and-more